The Speechware Tablemike 9 in 1 microphone is a revolutionary desktop microphone made with speech recognition in mind Some features available on the microphone were necessary for some older versions of Dragon Medical. Newer versions of Dragon Medical have features which may negate some of the features of this microphone and set up of this microphone should have this in mind. Read more.
Speechware Tablemike 9-in-1 microphone has the following features ;
- Industry first Telescopic (48-60 cm or 19"-24") boom with flexible tip
- Industry first integrated 'Speech Equaliser' & 'Amplifier (AGC)' for superior performance with voice applications and Wideband or High Definition VoIP
- Built-in Speaker in the base of the microphone
- Integrated SD/SDHC/MMC/MS/MSPro/MSPro-HG card reader
- Special port for optional Foot Pedal
- USB Desktop Microphone with standard 3.5 mm Mic input and output sound jacks
- Detachable and interchangeable flexible microphone boom (40 cm or 16") for easier removal, portability and storage
- Industry first integrated 'Speech Equaliser (EQ)' and 'Automatic Gain Control (AGC)' or Amplifier for superior performance with Speech recognition, Voice recording and wideband or 20 kHz High Definition (HD) Voice over IP (VoIP) or Internet telephony.
- The combination of the EQ & AGC delivers very high recognition accuracy from 10 cm up to 50 cm (4" to 20") range, depending upon voice volume and ambient noise, comparable to that of the best headsets. Optimal dictation distance: about 25 cm or 10" under Green LED.
- Full duplex (simultaneous Sound in and out) Wideband or High Definition (HD) Voice over IP (VoIP) or Internet telephony
With all of these great features, this microphone is great and can really help you fine-tune the audio your computer is receiving.
There is an important note. With Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 and most editions from Dragon 13 and up, a new feature was introduced called "AGC or Automatic Gain Control". This feature will automatically increase and decrease the microphone sensitivity.
Tablemike 9 in 1 microphone also has it's own AGC. We have on a few occasions run into issues having both the microphone and the software attempts to set the proper level. There are two ways around this potential issue.
- Turn off the AGC in Dragon Medical. This can be accomplished when you select "Choose your audio input device". On the very bottom of this screen, there is a checkbox titled "automatically adjust volume". This setting should be set off in Dragon or ;
- Use the Speechware desktop microphone in "blue mode". This mode basically eliminates the AGC from the hardware.
Setting one of these two values improved dictation accuracy for some of our users.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Please note, software is non-refundable and only done under extreme circumstances. Note, software has serial numbers and once they are dispatched, we cannot undo these actions. Ask for a trial if you are unsure of your purchase on software.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.