Today, many laptops are released with no DVD or CD Roms. This is a problem when installing Dragon Medical and you receive a CD or DVD.
This article is meant to address software downloads of the Dragon Medical Practice Edition and Dragon Medical Enterprise Edition and is not meant to address the Dragon Medical One Cloud Edition. For the Dragon Medical One Cloud Edition, please link to the following article.
So, how do you download your Dragon Medical Software to a computer with no DVD Rom?
You have options.
- Option 1: if you purchased your Dragon Medical software directly from this web store, your first and fastest option is to login to your account. In your account, you will have a copy of all of your invoice/receipts. In these invoice/receipts, there is a link readily available to download your software. Every purchase made through this web store is automatically given download rights to software for one year and a limited amount of downloads. If you have exhausted this limit, send us an email with your receipt number and we will add more downloads to your account at no charge.
- Option 2: This option, If you purchased your Dragon Medical software from another vendor and they have not given you the ability to download software, you may purchase a download via this web store using the following page https://www.dragonmedicalsoftware.com/collections/dragon-medical-software-downloads-media .
Why do you have to purchase a download?
BAD NEWS: Dragon Medical installation files are very large files (4GB or more). Sometimes a download may fail. When you purchase this media download, your are allotted 10GB - 20G for the ability of multiple downloads. We receive multiple requests daily for downloads. For every 50 customers, we are allotting 1 terabyte of download data. Data costs money and unfortunately, we cannot give free downloads when companies purchase their software elsewhere and unfortunately we must charge.
GOOD NEWS: The good news is, it's available and the availability is right away. Once you purchase a media download, your receipt and your online account will immediately have access to download your software as well as user guides, administration guides, installation instructions and other training/technical data. Downloads typically take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes assuming you have a good Internet connection.
- Option 3:You may use another computer which does have a DVD Rom and together with a flash key (i.e. flash key, flash drive, usb drive, thumb drive, etc...), you can copy the contents from the DVD Rom to the USB Drive. This process can take 30 minutes. Next, on your new system, insert the thumb drive to the computer and copy the contents from your USB drive to the new computer hard drive. You must copy the contents to the new computer because Dragon Medical, while installing will extract certain installation files. If you leave the files on the Thumb Drive and begin installation, installation will take much longer and may fail if you run out of space. Also, in some computer networks, security has been set as to not allow for executable files to be run from USB devices.
- Option 4: You may use another computer to copy the installation files to a shared network drive. Once the DVD contents have been transferred to the shared network drive, you can access the files on your new computer via the network. Once again, depending on your network security, you may have to copy the files from the network drive to your new computer hard drive in order to install your Dragon Medical product.
- Option 5: You may call your original vendor and find out if they have the ability to download files from their own website.
Of all the options, the easiest and fastest way to download and begin installation is to use option 1 or 2. You should be able to start installation in 15 minutes. However, other options exist if you do not want to purchase a media download.